Job Opening: SQL Database Administrator
What You Will Be Doing
The SQL Database Administrator will resolve and production and development issues related to database technologies on our Rackspace hosted servers. Support existing MySQL database implementations for our web application and participate in the design and implementation of new data architecture with a focus on security, reliability, availability, and optimization. Excel in the database implementation portion of projects, working closely with the technical team to ensure quality results.This is a full-time, salaried position and a successful candidate will be expected to reside in the area of Augusta, GA.
What You Need for this Position
- Apply security standards and practices in the development and design of new and existing systems within our existing infrastructure.
- Administer, support, and maintain MySQL data infrastructure components. Troubleshoot high and mid-level problems and document procedures to guide resolution process.
- Provide production support as necessary in the deployment of application upgrades and patches, and by acting as part of the release management process.
- Optimize MySQL database configurations for hardware and software.
- Participate in and provide insight for Information Technology related projects.
- Provide technical assistance for our infrastructure services related to MySQL capabilities.
- Establish a performance baseline. Monitor database performance and tune for peak performance.
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain database management strategies, policies and procedures, including security, support, training, and installation procedures.
- Perform audits as required to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL Database technology.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical Associates. Ability to share MySQL knowledge with teammates.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions.
- Have the ability to provide occasional support outside of normal business hours.
What's In It for You
- Competitive salary
- Medical (after 3 months)
- Work/Life Balance
- Simple IRA matching
Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!